Friday, August 21, 2009

True story!

Early This morning Abe woke me up, sometime around six a.m. ( not my finest hour ! ) He says, "MOM I have a very important question! " This gave me pause because yesterday also around 6a.m. he had a very important question which was this: " Mom can I have Oreo Cakesters for breakfast? " Clearly, we are not on the same page when it comes to important questions.. So the important question this morning was this, "Mom is Jesus still alive on the cross? " Ok so WAAAAAAY more important the oreo cakester question.. He is directly in my face with his questioning look.. I tell him that no, Jesus is not still alive on the cross. That is is ALIVE in Heaven.. To which Abe says, "Alive like us? " NO not like us, but if you believe that he died for your sins, on the cross, and ascended into heaven, then when you die, your spirit will go to Heaven and you will have eternal life- WHOA all before 6:15am.. He says "I believe that! " Which I am very happy to hear from my precious five year old.. After this he says " I also believe in Satan.. " With his angelic face.. I go on to tell him that Satan is bad, rules Hell, opposite of Heaven, is a fallen angel, is very smart and tempts us contstantly.. I am thinking "LORD is this really the time for this ? " Meaning 6:15 am? So Abe then looks at me and says, " Mom are you sure? SANTA is good and brings all the children of the world Chrsitams Presents!! "
HE said Santa, not Satan!!! I am still giggling.. just thinking about that poor boy.. :) I was so careful to inform him about Satan and the perils of it all and HE was just telling me that he believed in Santa! Ha!! :)